Michael recently compiled a smart list of year-end tips that can save you time, money and hassle if you’re thinking about buying a vehicle.
- Beware of new car offerings this time of like “cash back”, “no payments till March” and low payments based on long amortization times (60-96 months). This can lead to “bad car debt”.
- If you are in business and need/want a vehicle, the year-end buy can give you a tax deductible depreciation this year (15%) AND a 30% for 2015.
- If you need/want a used vehicle, shopping between now and Christmas Eve can provide excellent opportunities (as opposed to boxing week). OR wait till the 3rd week in January (very motivated sellers!)
- If you own a “gas guzzler”, with the current low fuel prices, NOW is a good time to sell your car.
- Where possible , be SURE to use a good consultant/broker BEFORE purchasing or selling a vehicle. A small investment can literally save you hundreds and even thousands of dollars
If you are even thinking of buying, selling or leasing a vehicle I recommend you look at the Prime Source Lease website and have a chat with Michael.